The pleasure of discovering
The mountainous region of Sri Lanka, where EcoLanka is located, is far from the tourist circuits of the coast and is rich in natural treasures that can be discovered during walks.
Possibility of a tuk-tuk or car driver to visit the surroundings
- Guided walk on our 20 hectares site. Discovery and identification of various endemic plant species in the wild, exchange with the team of village producers who will explain their traditional activities, opportunity to participate in work: specialty of the Kitul Treacle region (sugar from the flower of a very beautiful palm tree), plantation of tea, coffee, cocoa, vanilla, jackfruit, pepper and other products processed in the original jungle with hundreds of plant species, various spices, ancient fruits and vegetables. There are also several vegetable gardens, spice gardens, nurseries, old species and varieties, bird watching, insects and botanical varieties of trees and plants…. (visit of the production and transformation sites).
- Prehistoric caves (leisure residence of former kings), rocks and semi-precious stones, glittering, in the grounds.
- Cooking classes. Learn from the villagers how to use the products and spices from the organic garden to make traditional Sri Lankan dishes. Colors, flavors, benefits, Sri Lankan gastronomy is a source of pleasure and health.
- Swimming in natural pools, the river nearby.
- Visit of the neighbouring places of Halpola, Madukumbura on foot
- Possibility of booking guided tours with trusted service providers
Possibility of booking guided tours with trusted service providers
Ancient temple of Pusulpitiva
Saint Clair Waterfalls
Nuwara Eliya Village
Peradeniya Botanical Garden